Webcams weird problem
Ronen Yacov
2007-11-27 16:09:21 UTC
Hi Everybody,

I have 8 USB ports in my computer. I attached two webcams to two USB
ports and couldn't open the two cameras together in VLC player (for
example).
When attaching the webcams to different USB ports it worked.

Any ideas why did it happen?

Ron
mezik
2007-12-24 04:07:09 UTC
Post by Ronen Yacov
Hi Everybody,
I have 8 USB ports in my computer. I attached two webcams to two USB
ports and couldn't open the two cameras together in VLC player (for
example).
When attaching the webcams to different USB ports it worked.
Any ideas why did it happen?
Ron
It can bee from two reasons
1. the two close usb onnectors are on the same BUS so there is a
confilict there
2. the usb camera driver makes the problem. I had this with simple GPT
camera