Need to implement MPEG-1 Stream Splitter for MP3
Nash
2006-12-07 10:07:19 UTC
I need to develop a filter much similar to MPEG-1 Strem Spliter for
MP3. i got a source code for a filter from some open source but that is
for MPEG. Is it possible to change the code so that it simply gets the
stream of data from Source filter and push it to decoder? what things
should i change or do in Receive(IMediaSample* pSample) function?.
My idea is introduce another filter between source filter and decoder
so that it gets data and pushes as it is without modifying it insted of
developing "Push source filter".

Thanks.
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-12-07 21:41:24 UTC
..

How did you miss all the posts in this newsgroups that say "This newsgroup
is no longer active"?

I recommend you read one of them.

Please do not crosspost.

See: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm#cp
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and
MVPs.org site http://www.mvps.org
My dshow site: http://tmhare.mvps.org
Tim Roberts
2006-12-10 03:19:23 UTC
Post by Nash
I need to develop a filter much similar to MPEG-1 Strem Spliter for
MP3. i got a source code for a filter from some open source but that is
for MPEG. Is it possible to change the code so that it simply gets the
stream of data from Source filter and push it to decoder? what things
should i change or do in Receive(IMediaSample* pSample) function?.
My idea is introduce another filter between source filter and decoder
so that it gets data and pushes as it is without modifying it insted of
developing "Push source filter".
If you're not modifying the data, then what's the point of the filter? MP3
files don't need a splitter.
--
Tim Roberts, ***@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Nash
2006-12-11 09:34:10 UTC
I need to pull the data from soruce filter for that im writing the
filter