GetAvailableMonitors takes really long time when using dns
d***@hotmail.com
2012-09-06 15:15:37 UTC
Hello,

On an AVID Network, if the DNS IP is defined IVMRMonitorConfig::GetAvailableMonitors can take up to 15 secondes to return. If DNS IP is removed, then GetAvailableMonitors take less than a half seconds.

Does anyone have an idea/explanation and a workaround ?

Thanks by advance,
Nicolas
m***@digitall.net.au
2013-07-17 09:27:51 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Hello,
On an AVID Network, if the DNS IP is defined IVMRMonitorConfig::GetAvailableMonitors can take up to 15 secondes to return. If DNS IP is removed, then GetAvailableMonitors take less than a half seconds.
Does anyone have an idea/explanation and a workaround ?
Hi Nicolas,

Did you ever have any luck with this. I am working on a completely different environment, but have a similar problem. GetAvailableMonitors() locks up for 10 plus seconds because on an onboard Intel Video card being enabled. Disable the card in the BIOs, and problem goes away. I also run the same code on over 100 machine (different hardware set) and no problem.

I disconnect the machine from the network, again no problem. ??

Why does does GetAvailableMonitors() goto the network? Is it a driver issue??

At this point, I am ready to just go buy more hardware, but I have a few machine to replace, if I do.

Regards,
Martin