Capture Source Filter filter (version 0.1) from TMH: VLC complaining
henniman
2007-04-14 16:18:48 UTC
Hi all,

i tried the Capture Source Filter filter (version 0.1) from the TMH
homepage and i am very happ, because this is the first source
filter implementation that works with almost all popular clients
( flash media encoder, flix encoder etc ).

well, almost. i simply registered the included VCam.ax using regsvr32
and opened this capture device in VLC, the open source video presenter
and streaming program, and it shows these errors:

main warning: PTS is out of range (4267822), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4704284), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4681131), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4657966), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4634799), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4611632), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4696650), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4673497), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4650331), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4627164), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4604004), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5043430), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5020276), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4997110), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4973943), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4950775), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5039814), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5016661), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4993494), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4970327), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (4947159), dropping buffer
main warning: decoder/packetizer fifo full (data not consumed quickly
enough), resetting fifo!
main warning: PTS is out of range (5392788), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5369646), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5346489), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (5323326), dropping buffer

etc. etc. playback is visible, but it is very sluggish and hangs a
lot.

Is this a problem within the vlc player? I tried various combinations
inside the fillbuffer method, and the suggested

REFERENCE_TIME rtNow;
REFERENCE_TIME avgFrameTime = ((VIDEOINFOHEADER*)m_mt.pbFormat)-
AvgTimePerFrame;
rtNow = m_rtLastTime;
m_rtLastTime += avgFrameTime;
pms->SetTime(&rtNow, &m_rtLastTime);

hangs while i had some more success using no SetTime at all
( still many errors but visually correct playback ) - but then
the flash media encoder did not work.

does anyone know a way to allow vlc to work with the virtual
cam?

best,
hendrik
The March Hare [MVP]
2007-04-14 17:36:10 UTC
Post by henniman
Hi all,

How did you miss all the posts in this newsgroup that say "This
newsgroup is no longer active"?

I recommend you read one of them.
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and
MVPs.org site http://www.mvps.org
My dshow site: http://tmhare.mvps.org
henniman
2007-04-14 20:55:37 UTC
Post by The March Hare [MVP]
Post by henniman
Hi all,
How did you miss all the posts in this newsgroup that say "This
newsgroup is no longer active"?
as always and as it happened to all the others: google
sent me here (cannot remember how) and did not stop me
adding a post.
The March Hare [MVP]
2007-04-15 16:26:28 UTC
Post by henniman
as always and as it happened to all the others: google
sent me here (cannot remember how)
Not all the others who post here use Google Groups (for example, the last
post) although predominately Google Groups users. And most people do not
post here but rather in the appropriate active group.

Google didn't send you here. You may have found this group by Google and
didn't look at the posts in the group before posting as a prudent person
would.

Also, you were already on my site which has a Help section which
specifically says in bold red NOT to post in this group.
Post by henniman
and did not stop me
adding a post.
Unfortunately, it does not.
Vertuas
2007-04-17 20:54:38 UTC
Post by henniman
Post by The March Hare [MVP]
Post by henniman
Hi all,
How did you miss all the posts in this newsgroup that say "This
newsgroup is no longer active"?
as always and as it happened to all the others: google
sent me here (cannot remember how) and did not stop me
adding a post.
Well said. Please refer to my above posting.

Lets see.....this appears to be a Microsoft newsgroup......i am using a
Microsoft news client....I can still post.

If the news group is not in use then it should be taken offline, or postings
should be declined. As that is not the case i believe that people should
have the right to post here.
The March Hare [MVP]
2007-04-17 22:37:35 UTC
Post by Vertuas
Well said. Please refer to my above posting.
You missed the point. See the information I have provided elsewhere.