So many DirectX versions
Z***@gmail.com
2006-08-21 13:12:15 UTC
Several partners of mine have been working on DirectX for some time and
I am a newbie. Since DirectX SDK is quite large I would rather copy the
setup file from one or two of them. The problem is the DirectX setup
files(all version 9.0) vary in file size. And when I unzip them, the
folder architecture of sample are also different. What I need is
DirectShow, but when I installed my first DirectX SDK 9.0, I could find
directshow folder in the samples. Then I uninstalled the SDK and tried
another setup file, this time the documentation part is of version 8.0.

What is wrong with it? What I need is the same DirectX SDK 9.0 as
decribed in the books and tutorials, but there are so many different
setup files with the same version(at least same to me) for me to choose
and try.
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-08-21 13:30:45 UTC
Post by Z***@gmail.com
Several partners of mine have been working on DirectX for some time and

What is the most common post in this newsgroup?
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and
MVPs.org site http://www.mvps.org
My dshow site: http://tmhare.mvps.org