VBR Encoding using WMVA encoder to asf file
Doomer
2006-11-07 17:31:57 UTC
I'm trying to use the method for writing an asf file with third party
content to pack either H264 encoded or WMVA encoded video into an asf
file using the WMAsfWriter filter. When I try to connect the asf
writer's input pin to the codec's I get a media type not accepted
return code from the ConnectDirect method. In this instance, I'm
connecting the Windows Media Advanced Encoder and I'm using the
IID_IAMStreamConfig->GetStreamCaps method to get the media type that I
use to configure the encoder DMO and the profile in the asfwriter.
Here's the profile. Any advice on what may be causing this issue would
be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty much stuck.

<profile version="589824"
storageformat="1"
name="VideoProfile"
description="Video Based on the Codec">
<streamconfig
majortype="{73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}"
streamnumber="1"
streamname="VideoStream"
inputname="VideoConnection"
bitrate="0"
bufferwindow="3000"
reliabletransport="0"
decodercomplexity=""
rfc1766langid="en-us"
vbrenabled="1"
vbrquality="86"
bitratemax="0"
bufferwindowmax="0">
<videomediaprops maxkeyframespacing="30000000"
quality="86"/>
<wmmediatype
subtype="{41564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}"
bfixedsizesamples="0"
btemporalcompression="1"
lsamplesize="1382400">
<videoinfoheader dwbitrate="0"
dwbiterrorrate="0"
avgtimeperframe="333330">
<rcsource left="0"
top="0"
right="0"
bottom="0"/>
<rctarget left="0"
top="0"
right="0"
bottom="0"/>
<bitmapinfoheader biwidth="1280"
biheight="720"
biplanes="1"
bibitcount="12"
bicompression="WMVA"
bisizeimage="1382400"
bixpelspermeter="0"
biypelspermeter="0"
biclrused="0"
biclrimportant="0"/>
</videoinfoheader>
</wmmediatype>
</streamconfig>
</profile>
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-11-07 22:06:55 UTC
I'm trying to use the method for writing an asf file...
How did you miss all the posts in this newsgroups that say "This newsgroup
is no longer active"?

I recommend you read one of them.
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and