I need to license DVD decoder
gyoll
2006-10-22 10:57:43 UTC
Hello.

I need to license DVD decoder codecs for a DirectShow project I am
working on.

I want to take legally just any codec and bundle with my commercial
application?
Can anyone give me pointers to companies that will let me license DVD
decoders?

Thanks!
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-10-22 18:58:06 UTC
Post by gyoll
Hello.
Hello.

Please look at a few posts in a newsgroup before posting in it. Then you
will not post to INACTIVE newsgroups. Thank you.

Please do not crosspost.

See: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm#cp

Follow up set to: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and
MVPs.org site http://www.mvps.org
My dshow site: http://tmhare.mvps.org
aeropriest
2006-10-23 03:20:01 UTC
Hi

mediawidgets have developed their own MPEG-2 decoder that can be used to
decode the DVD. Thier code is based on highly optemised libraries and works
out lot cheaper than elecard or main concept and they can customize the
decoders according to your needs.

Regards
Jais
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-10-23 14:22:27 UTC
Post by aeropriest
mediawidgets have developed their own MPEG-2 decoder that can be used to
decode the DVD. Thier code is based on highly optemised libraries and works
out lot cheaper than elecard or main concept and they can customize the
decoders according to your needs.
How does this meet my need for you or the OP not to CROSSPOST which was the
purpose of my post that you replied to?

If you used a good newsreader and trimmed and quoted what you are replying
to properly you would not make this mistake.

Follow up set to: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video (AGAIN)
--
Please read this before replying:
1. Dshow & posting help: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm