problem with linking when trying to write custom renderer
a***@umiacs.umd.edu
2006-11-02 23:23:56 UTC
I'm trying to develop a simple custom renderer derived from
CBaseRenderer- I'm linking with:
strmiids.lib strmbasd.lib quartz.lib winmm.lib msvcrtd.lib, but get
the following link errors-

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
CBaseRenderer::CBaseRenderer(struct _GUID const &,char *,struct
IUnknown *,long *)"
(??0CBaseRenderer@@***@ABU_GUID@@PADPAUIUnknown@@***@Z) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall CNullRenderer::CNullRenderer(void)"
(??0CNullRenderer@@***@XZ)

I compiled the base classes in directx SDK 9.0 to create strmbasd.lib
and I'm using visual studio 2005 as my development platform.
any suggestions would be highly appreciated..

thanks,
Ankur
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-11-03 00:04:15 UTC
I'm trying to develop a simple custom renderer...
How did you miss all the posts in this newsgroups that say "This newsgroup
is no longer active"?

I recommend you read one of them.
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and