CRT emulation DShow filter?
Corvus13
2006-05-10 02:56:45 UTC
I was just musing today if there was a DirectShow filter in exsistence
that is designed to emulate a standard NTSC color television in
appearance by interpolating staggered RGB pixels(? not sure what the
divisions are called on a CRT). In other words

LCD:

RGBRGB
RGBRGB
RGBRGB

CRT (where - and | are miniscule black separations):

-------|RGB|-------
RGB|RGB|RGB
RGB| |RGB
RGB| |RGB

I'm sure I've just made all the videophiles wince with that diagram but
does anyone know of anything like this?

Much appreciated,

Corvus13

P.S. If something does exists if you could also explain the fastest
way to utilize it for someone without experience fiddling with
DirectShow fliters either via Windows Media Player or some other method
(including C++ if need be). Thanks.
The March Hare [MVP]
2006-05-10 14:14:25 UTC
Post by Corvus13
I was just musing today if there was a DirectShow filter in exsistence
that is designed to emulate a
This newsgroup is no longer active. Please see

http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm#where

to find the active dshow newsgroups and post in the most appropriate one.

In the future, I recommend you look at a few posts in a newsgroup before
posting in it.

060510.1
--
Microsoft MVPs: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp and